SITXCCS007 ENHANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCES
SITXCCS008 DEVELOP AND MANAGE QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE PRACTICES
SITXCOM005 MANAGE CONFLICT
|Student Must Fill this Section|
|Privacy Release Clause:||“I give my permission for my assessment material to be used in the auditing, assessment validation & moderation Process”.|
|Authenticity Declaration:||“I declare that: The material I have submitted is my own work; I have given references for all sources of information that are not my own, including the words, ideas and images of others”.|
|Attempt||Satisfactory||Not Yet Satisfactory||Date||Assessor Signature|
|Information for Student:|
|All work is to be entirely of the student.|
|General Information for this assessment: |
Read the instructions for each question very carefully. Be sure to PRINT your FIRST name & LAST name in every place that is provided. Short questions must be answered in the spaces provided. For those activities requesting extra evidence such as: research reports, essay reports, etc. The student must attach its own work formatted in double space, Arial 12 pts. All activities must be addressed correctly in order to obtain a competence for the unit of competency. If the student doesn’t understand the assessment, they can request help from the assessor to interpret the assessment. Re-submission of assessment after the term will incur additional fees.
|Re-assessment of Result & Academic Appeal procedures:|
| If a student is not happy with his/ her results, that student may appeal against their grade via a written letter, clearly stating the grounds of appeal to the Chief Executive Officer. This should be submitted after completion of the subject and within fourteen days of commencement of the new term. |
Re-assessment Process: An appeal in writing is made to the Academic Manager providing reasons for re-assessment /appeal. Academic Manager will delegate another faculty member to review the assessment. The student will be advised of the review result done by another assessor. If the student is still not satisfied and further challenges the decision, then a review panel is formed comprising the lecturer/trainer in charge and the Academic Manager OR if need be an external assessor. The Institute will advise the student within 14 days from the submission date of the appeal. The decision of the panel will be deemed to be final. If the student is still not satisfied with the result, the he / she has the right to seek independent advice or follow external mediation option with nominated mediation agency. Any student who fails a compulsory subject or appeals unsuccessfully will be required to re-enrol in that subject.
The cost of reassessment will be borne by the Institute. The external assessor will base his/her judgement based on principles of assessment. These principles require assessment to be reliable, fair, practical and valid.
Academic Appeals: If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the re-evaluation process, you have a right to appeal through academic appeals handling protocol. To appeal a decision, the person is required to complete the WSC- Request for Appeal of a Decision form with all other supporting documents, if any. This form is available via our website. The completed Request for Appeal form is to be submitted to the Student Support Officer either in hard copy or electronically via the following contact details: Student Support Officer, Western Sydney College (WSC), 55 High St, Parramatta NSW 2150, Email: [email protected] The notice of appeal should be in writing addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and submitted within seven days of notification of the outcome of the re-evaluation process. If the appeal is not lodged in the specified time, the result will stand and you must re-enrol in the unit. In emergency circumstances, such as in cases of serious illness or injury, you must forward a medical certificate in support of a deferred appeal. The notice of appeal must be made within three working days of the concluding date shown on the medical certificate. The decision of Chief Executive Officer will be final. Student would then have the right to pursue the claim through an independent external body as detailed in the students’ complaint / grievance policy.
Comments/Feedback to Students
|Assessment Task 4: Case study|
- This project has two parts.
- Part A requires you to do some research and develop customer service policies and procedures for three different areas of business that meets industry standards.
- Part B requires you to monitor and adjust policies and procedures to ensure quality customer service delivery.
Resources and equipment required to complete this task
- Access to textbooks and other learning materials.
- Computer with Internet access, email software and Microsoft Word or similar program.
- Marino Enterprises Handbook.
- Three classmates for simulated meeting.
- Space for a meeting.
When and where should the task be completed?
- This task may be done in your own time as homework or you may be given time to do this task in class (where applicable).
- Your assessor will provide you with the due date for this assessment.
What needs to be submitted?
- Customer satisfaction survey.
- Staff email with two policies and three procedures attached.
|You are working as the Manager of Champion’s Sports Bar which forms part of the Marino Complex and you have noticed that customer service standards have been slipping lately in a number of different areas. After reviewing the current policies and procedures on customer service, you have decided that some additional policies and associated procedures need to be developed. But first, you are going to conduct some research and obtain some information from customers and staff about the levels of service being provided.|
- Develop a customer satisfaction survey for the following areas of customer service at Champion’s Sports Bar with at least five questions in total using a four point rating scale of very satisfied, satisfied, dissatisfied and very dissatisfied:
- How staff answer the telephone and provide information to customers.
- How quickly patrons of the bar are served and how long it takes for them to receive their food and drinks.
- The friendliness of the staff and how warmly they are welcomed.
- The variety of food and drinks on offer.
Print a copy of this survey and submit it to your assessor. Submit additional information to your assessor about how you will distribute this survey, to whom, by when and how many you are going to distribute. Think about how you will encourage the customers to fill out the survey.
- You now need to discuss with your second in charge how they feel the standards of customer service are being met. Your assessor will play the role of your second in charge and provide you with some information. Conduct a brief informal meeting to gather some information.
|The customer satisfaction surveys have come back with the following results: Overall, customers are all very satisfied with the variety of food and drinks being offered at the bar. 70% of customers rated the way the staff answer the telephone only as satisfied and 30% as dissatisfied. Comments revealed from the customers who said they were dissatisfied that staff often seemed in a rush and tried to end the conversation as quickly as possible. 65% of customers rated the friendliness and the welcome of the staff as very satisfied, 25% rated it as satisfied and 10% rated it as very dissatisfied. The comments from the customer who was very dissatisfied revealed that some staff provided their customers with a bowl of complimentary nuts when they arrived and the staff member serving them did not. Overall, customers were very satisfied with the length of time it took to serve them and the wait time on their food orders. Business results indicate that overall the business is performing well but slightly below targets for the last quarter. Although the bar does not have its own website as it is included on the main one for Marino Enterprises, you have just set up a social media page so you can begin advertising all of the special offers, promotions and trivia nights the bar holds. The policies and procedures that you and senior management have decided to update/develop are as follows: Customer service: Communication policy Customer service: Social media policy Customer service: Welcome procedure Customer service: Telephone procedure Customer service: Responding to negative social media comments procedure.|
- Conduct some research into policy development and into current industry trends in customer service and changes that may or has affected service delivery. Focus some of your research on how social media is at the forefront of keeping customers informed about new products and services, and how customers use social media to either provide a positive or negative review of businesses and how this can affect a business’s reputation. You will use this research in the following two points.
- Have a meeting with your team (this will be three of your classmates with your assessor observing) and inform them of the new policies and procedures that you will be developing. Briefly discuss the information you have researched, an analysis of the results of the customer satisfaction surveys, as well as the need for new policies and procedures. Allow opportunity for your team to provide input about customer service practices and ask questions. Take notes to assist you in the development of your policies and procedures.
Your assessor will be looking to see that you:
- Demonstrate open communication
- Use active listening skills
- Serve as a positive role model for your team.
- Develop the following two policies and three procedures:
- Customer service: Communication policy
- Customer service: Social media policy
- Customer service: Welcome procedure
- Customer service: Telephone procedure
- Customer service: Responding to social media comments procedure.
You may use a suitable template of your choice to develop them but they must be in line with the Marino Style Guide. Policy review should be set at 12 months and procedures set at 6 months.
Each policy must include:
- Responsibilities (of Champion’s Sports Bar as an employer; and employees)
- Consultation and communication of the policy
- Effective date
- Review date
Each procedure must include:
- Effective date
- Review date.
- Communicate the new policies and procedures to all staff by sending a group staff email advising them of the new policies and procedures, the expectations of staff regarding them, and where they will be located. Alert staff that these need to be made available to customers on request. Attach them to the email and send this to your assessor.
|What do I need to hand in for this task?||Have I completed this?|
|Customer satisfaction survey|||
|Staff email with two policies and three procedures attached|||
|Assessment Task 4: Case study|
|Did the student:||Yes||No||Comments|
|Use formal and informal research in their internal environment, and provide opportunities for customer and staff feedback by: Developing a survey for customers to fill out regarding satisfaction of products and customer service Discussing customer service issues with a team member?|
|Have a meeting with their team and discuss: An analysis of the feedback from their internal research (surveys and discussion) Their research on changes and trends in external environments Their team members’ input and suggestions towards the development of policies and procedures The need for new policies and procedures?|
|During the meeting did the student display: Open communication Active listening skills Serve as a positive role model for their team?|
|Develop the following policies and procedures satisfactorily according to all of the requirements set out in the instructions: Customer service: Communication policy Customer service: Social media policy Customer service: Welcome procedure Customer service: Telephone procedure Customer service: Responding to social media comments procedure?|
|Communicate the new policies and procedures to their team by sending an email to them and attaching the policies and procedures, including instructions about where they are located, and the expectations of staff regarding them?|
|Please add any feedback to the student about this task on the Assessment Cover Sheet. Keep a copy of the completed Assessment Task Cover Sheet.|
|Please note any reasonable adjustments made for this task below.|
|Assessment Task 4 Outcome:||Satisfactory Not Satisfactory ||Date:|
|Trainer/assessor name:||Trainer/assessor signature:|