Data Analysis & Presentation with MS Excel
- To help students integrate knowledge acquired in Business Statistics (BSTA) and MS Excel Spreadsheet
- Enhance ability to perform meaningful analysis with data
- Enhance understanding of fundamentals of Statistics and MS Excel
- Improve students’ problem-solving ability through (1) working with data; and (2) reconciling and resolve discrepancies between Statistics and MS Excel’s assumptions.
Groups are required to provide analysis using data on Singapore from the Department of Statistics, Singapore’s website (http://www.singstat.gov.sg/) and the assigned dataset within your group for midterm assignment.
Using the datasets assigned to your group members during the midterm assignment (hint: you do not need to use all the data):-
- Present the appropriate data using Bar Chart
- Present the appropriate data using Pie Chart
- Present the appropriate data using Trend line
- Descriptive Statistics Analysis using Toolpak
- Do a write up describing the data, analysing the trend and research possible reasons for the trends.